Available in English.
Effective November 2013, British Columbia’s Workers Compensation Act has been amended to include three new policies addressing workplace bullying and harassment. Sections 115, 116 and 117 of the Act set out the general duties of employers, workers and supervisors. This online training supplement by your “workplace specific” policies and procedures will provide employees with the tools needed to comply with the legislation.
Who Should Take the Course?
Everyone in the workplace should be educated about the legislative requirements and how to recognize, prevent, address workplace bullying and harassment.
What you should know
Upon completion of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Define workplace bullying and harassment
- Recognize workplace bullying and harassment
- Identify behaviours that do not constitute bullying and harassment
- Describe the duties of employers, supervisors, and workers, with respect to workplace bullying and harassment.
- Respond to situations involving workplace bullying and harassment
To complete the online training component, participants must confirm their understanding of course content by obtaining a score of 100% on a multiple choice test. Those that do not pass the test can reread the course material and retest as many times as necessary. Test questions are selected from a test ‘bank’ to ensure that each testing experience is unique. Upon successful completion of the test, participants can download/print a Certificate of Completion which includes their name and the date of training.