This one-day course prepares OFA Level 1 (or equivalent) and OFA Level 2 first aid attendants with the skills and knowledge needed to transport injured or ill workers to medical aid. Participants are required to perform spinal immobilization and patient transport skills as outlined in the WorkSafeBC OFA Transportation Endorsement Instructor Guide and Training Manual.
Course AvailabilityThis course is available in the following locations
- British Columbia
What you should know
Must be age 16 or older, present a valid government issued photo ID and a current OFA Level 1 or Level 2 certificate in order to receive certification after successful completion of the course.
- Role of the First Aid Attendant
- Priority Action Approach
- Principles of Transportation
- Packaging a Responsive Casualty with Spinal Motion Restriction
- Packaging a Responsive Casualty without Spinal Motion Restriction
- Packaging an Unresponsive Casualty
- Caring for a Casualty While in Transport
In-class skills assessment.
Book a course
We're sorry, no classroom locations were found based on your search criteria.