Branch Manager (Terrace Branch)
Who We Are
St. John Ambulance, British Columbia & Yukon (SJA BCY) is a not for profit ‘mission-led enterprise’ committed to empowering safer communities through first aid leadership. SJA BCY is part of the federated St. John Ambulance organization in Canada, which is represented from coast to coast. We are privileged to be part of an organization with over 900 years of service to humanity. Today, SJA BCY is a market leader in the development and delivery of first aid courses, first aid products and we support first aid in communities through our 1500 plus volunteers.
Our British Columbia and Yukon Council is seeking an experienced and talented Branch Manager to lead with a customer service mindset in our Terrace Branch. You will manage staff, as well as instructors. To effectively ensure a quality image of St. John Ambulance, volunteer engagement, networking and presentation opportunities are vital to the success of this role. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively manage overall branch operations in a busy environment;
- Establish and maintain relationship building with customers, staff, and volunteers;
- Generate and maintain top sales;
- Lead others effectively with a customer service oriented mindset;
- Strong financial acumen to oversee sales and budgets;
- Excellent multitasking to manage sales, customer service, administration, and classrooms;
- Engage effectively and support our key stakeholders;
- Act as a resource and support the Community Services volunteers; and
- Engage in networking opportunities to effectively communicate the St. John Ambulance vision.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Business Administration/Marketing/Commerce or related experience;
- Knowledge of financial accounting, practices, and procedures;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Proficient in computer applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; and
- Knowledge of St. John Ambulance’s courses and community services is an asset.
Why Join SJA BCY?
- Competitive compensation package and a commitment to creating a growth environment for everyone on our team;
- An opportunity to work in a historic and impactful organization that saves people’s lives;
- Comprehensive benefits package; and
- Pension plan with employer matching program.
SJA BCY is a welcoming and collaborative organization. We welcome diversity in our organization and qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email a resume to email@example.com.