This one-day certification course meets first aid requirements for WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 1, Canada Labour Code Basic First Aid and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety guidelines for Emergency First Aid in Alberta. Upon successful completion, candidates will be issued a national St. John Ambulance Emergency First Aid for Industry certificate valid for 3 years plus a CPR Level A with AED certificate.
Must be 16 years or older, present a valid government issued photo ID and be physically able to perform the required skills.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a First Aid Attendant in BC
- Emergency Scene Management
- Adult Resuscitation (Cardiovascular Emergencies, CPR, AED, First Aid for Choking)
- Mental Health Awareness
- Physical and Mental Trauma
- Severe Bleeding and Internal Bleeding
- Amputations and Wound Care
- Sprains and Strains
- Medical Conditions (Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Seizures, Diabetes)
- British Columbia
In-class skills assessment and written exam.
Book a course
Occupational First Aid Level 1 (Emergency First Aid for Industry)
We're sorry, no classroom locations were found based on your search criteria.