Our Commitment to AODA Compliance:
We are committed to ensuring that our programs, services, and information are accessible to all individuals. This includes those with disabilities, in compliance with Canadian web accessibility standards. Such as Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. We believe in creating an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone can fully participate and engage in our initiatives. This commitment extends to our online presence, events, and physical spaces.
We are committed to providing a website and digital content that is accessible to all users. Our website follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure:
- Navigation: Intuitive navigation for a seamless browsing experience.
- Alternative Text: Descriptive alt text for images, making our content accessible to individuals with visual impairments.
- Captioning: Videos on our site are captioned to assist individuals with hearing impairments.
- Readable Text: Text is presented in a clear and readable format for easy comprehension.
Our Accessibility Tool
We utilize accessiBe, an innovative AI-powered solution that ensures our website is navigable and usable by people with various disabilities.
How to Customize Your Experience with AccessiBe:
- Access the Accessibility Menu: Click on the Accessibility Menu icon, usually found at the corner of the page.
- Choose Your Accessibility Profile: acccessiBe offers several profiles to cater to different disabilities, including:
- Seizure Safe Profile: Reduces the risk of seizures caused by flashing or flickering transitions and animations.
- Vision Impaired Profile: Enhances the website’s visual elements for users with visual impairments.
- Cognitive Disability Profile: Provides various support for users with cognitive disabilities.
- ADHD Friendly Profile: Minimizes distractions and noise to improve focus.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor Impaired): Allows navigation through the website using the keyboard.
- For detailed instructions and more information on how to use these profiles, visit accessiBe's User Guide.
- Our Commitment to AODA Compliance: We follow the guidelines set by the AODA to ensure our services are accessible to all Ontarians. Learn more about our compliance and ongoing efforts in making our digital content accessible.
Your feedback is crucial in helping us maintain and improve our accessibility standards. If you encounter any accessibility barriers or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. We are dedicated to addressing concerns promptly and working towards a more inclusive future.
Thank you for being a part of St. John Ambulance Canada as we strive to create a more accessible and inclusive community for all.