This page is for training additional employees through our paid program: Ontario Workplace Naloxone Training Plus (OWNT+).
If your workplace has not yet trained its two free employees through our regular program (OWNT), please start here first.
Training Additional Employees with our OWNT+ Program
In accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) – Bill 88, our Ontario Workplace Naloxone Training Plus+ (OWNT+) program for Ontario businesses is a 90-minute instructor-led online course in a virtual classroom. The cost is $39.99 per learner with no limit to how many employees can register.
After the completion of our training, you will be able to:
• Define drug stigmatization and harm reduction.
• Recognize an opioid poisoning emergency.
• Administer naloxone using SAVEME steps, identify potential complications and hazards related to the administration of naloxone.
• Reflect on best self-care practices to manage the aftercare of this emergency.
A digital certificate of completion will be delivered to you via e-mail upon completion of the course.
Private Group Training
Love to learn as a team? We’ve got group learning. Shift workers, we’ve got you with flexible dates & times. Outside Ontario? Private group training can be tailored to your workplace’s needs. French training is also available!
If you would like to set up private group training for your workplace (a minimum of 20 learners is required), please email OWNT.Plus@sja.ca
There are no refunds for OWNT+ training. However, should an employee need to re-schedule, we can accommodate a maximum of 1 re-scheduling without incurring a fee.
If you are requesting a re-scheduling, please e-mail OWNT.Plus@sja.ca with the subject title “Reschedule Class – OWNT".
How to Register!
Find our Virtual Classroom and register by using the booking portal below, type “Ottawa ON” into the "Search Location" and click Search.
Click on Virtual Classroom National Office to view all available classes, then select “View Class Details” of the date and time you’d like to register for and add it to your cart/proceed to checkout.
- Define drug stigmatization and harm reduction.
- Recognize an opioid poisoning emergency.
- Administer naloxone, using SAVEME steps, and identify potential complications and hazards related to the administration of naloxone
- Reflect on best self-care practices to manage the aftercare of this emergency.
Delivery MethodVirtual (Instructor Led)
Book a course
Ontario Workplace Naloxone Training Plus+ (OWNT+) Virtual Delivery - (Instructor-Led)
We're sorry, no classroom locations were found based on your search criteria.