Senior Administrative Assistant - One Year Contract (Whitehorse)
Who We Are
As Canada’s leading first aid and safety charity, St. John Ambulance is dedicated to enabling people’s health, safety, and quality of life through training and community service. Building on a 900-year tradition, St. John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR, and safety training and products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs. St. John Ambulance British Columbia and Yukon strives to be the National leader on technology upgrades, providing community services, and create a dynamic working environment to attract talented employees.
Our British Columbia and Yukon headquarters is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant (for a one-year contract) for our Whitehorse Branch. You are an extraordinary multi-tasker who will provide administrative support to customers, staff, and volunteers. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all administration duties and responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality, in a timely and professional manner. This includes ensuring a quality image conveyed by St. John Ambulance BC & Yukon, at all times, and consistently and effectively communicating the St. John Ambulance vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
Customer Service & Administration:
- Respond to incoming calls and walk in customers;
- Register students into courses, process payments, issue receipts;
- Process refunds as necessary;
- Arrange for courier pick-ups;
- Respond to voicemails & emails;
- Prepare class lists and ensure necessary paperwork is available for classes;
- Prepare and complete all course paperwork packages for submission; and
- Receive and file all course confirmations and ensure relevant data is entered into the online system.
- Prepare class lists and necessary paperwork for all upcoming classes;
- Ensure all classes are closed;
- Prepare and submit branch orders (DC & office supplies);
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and invoice private groups and classes;
- Ensure that all records are maintained for branch orders; and
- Ensure completion of policies and procedures (WayWeDo).
- Complete monthly recertification calls;
- Maintain relationships with clients;
- Grow the customer base;
- Resolve customer complaints quickly and efficiently; and
- Monitor all customer orders and shipments.
- Review and submit instructor honoraria for approval;
- Daily Integration;
- Bank Deposits and reconciliation; and
- Account’s receivables follow up.
- Stock classrooms;
- Clean & maintain equipment;
- Prepare equipment and files for out of branch classes; and
- Maintenance of storeroom & workstation.
- Ensure building issues are addressed quickly and efficiently; and
- Complete monthly branch safety inspection.
- Monitor upcoming classes daily to ensure adequate registration;
- Ensure all classes have instructors scheduled;
- Cancellation of classes as required;
- Scheduling of additional classes as required;
- Assist in course scheduling; and
- Schedule instructors into the CRM.
Community Service Programs:
- Assist with room booking (i.e., course training, meeting nights); and
- Assist with donation and expense processing as per policies.
Knowledge and Skills
- College diploma/university degree or relevant experience;
- Excellent problem solving, time management, and organizational skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and customer management knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Experience training new employees;
- Knowledge of financial accounting, practices, and procedures;
- Proficient in computer programs MS Office, internet, database, and keyboard skills;
- Experience in CRM is an asset;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in sales or retail is an asset;
- Enjoys working in a team environment; and
- Upbeat and positive with a “Can Do” attitude.
- A fantastic team to work with – we work hard, but have fun in the process!
- An opportunity to work in a historic and impactful organization that saves people’s lives; and
- Plenty of room to learn, grow, and take on additional responsibility.
This is a full-time temporary position with the contract length being one year. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.