Customer Care Specialist
Who We Are
As Canada’s leading first aid and safety charity, St. John Ambulance is dedicated to enabling people’s health, safety, and quality of life through training and community service. Building on a 900-year tradition, St. John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR, and safety training and products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs. St. John Ambulance British Columbia and Yukon strives to be the National leader on technology upgrades, providing community services, and create a dynamic working environment to attract talented employees.
Our British Columbia and Yukon headquarters is seeking an energetic Customer Care Specialist in our call centre. You are an extraordinary multi-tasker who will be cultivating, building, and maintaining positive customer relations by responding to inquiries and complaints in a professional manner. You will ensure that all duties and responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality, in a timely and professional manner. This includes ensuring a quality image conveyed by St. John Ambulance BC & Yukon, at all times, and consistently and effectively communicating the St. John Ambulance vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Customer Care email queue by addressing the incoming email inquiries;
- Conduct warm and cold calls to new and existing customers;
- Handle inbound requests by phone, chat, and email to make the customer experience as effortless as possible;
- Assist clients with their day-to-day activities related to their SJA Account including, but not limited to:
- Class registration;
- Product inquiries, payment process, and troubleshooting; and
- Updating and maintaining account and contact database in CRM.
- Consistently perform to exceed the centers KPIs;
- Maintain a positive, friendly, and motivating environment within the team while adapting to changing business needs;
- Contribute ideas to resolve problems, serve customers, and improve productivity;
- Communicate and escalate client issues as required to Management and Team Lead;
- Cultivate, build, and maintain positive customer relations by responding to inquiries and complaints in a professional manner;
- Perform accounts receivable activity on the delinquent accounts; and
- Work closely with peers to meet and exceed customer demands.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- High knowledge retention;
- Ability to answer client questions about SJA products and courses accurately;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in an environment where deadlines are a priority;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Detail orientated and tech-savvy; and
- Experience in MS Office and CRM.
- A fantastic team to work with – we work hard, but have fun in the process!
- An opportunity to work in a historic and impactful organization that saves people’s lives;
- Plenty of room to learn, grow, and take on additional responsibility;
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits; and
- Pension plan with employer matching program.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.