Faculty Instructor (Terrace)
Who We Are
As Canada’s leading first aid and safety charity, St. John Ambulance is dedicated to enabling people’s health, safety, and quality of life through training and community service. Building on a 900-year tradition, St. John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR, and safety training and products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs. St. John Ambulance British Columbia and Yukon strives to be the National leader on technology upgrades, providing community services, and create a dynamic working environment to attract talented employees.
As the leader in first aid training and community service, St. John Ambulance BC & Yukon is seeking a qualified General and/or OFA First Aid Instructor to be based in its Terrace Branch.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Instruct General/OFA First Aid Courses on a weekly rotational basis – schedule to be determined in consultation with the Terrace Branch;
- Instruct other WorkSafeBC and St. John Ambulance Courses, as required;
- Evaluate St. John Ambulance OFA 2/3 exams;
- Promote the sale of St. John Ambulance training courses and products;
- Travel to other areas to instruct courses;
- Maintain and clean first aid classrooms, equipment, and supplies; and
- Conduct mall displays/tradeshows, as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Current instructor certification for Occupational First Aid Level 2 or 3;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create a comfortable environment where people can learn and feel relaxed enough to ask questions;
- Confident in speaking to groups of people and demonstrating exemplary first aid skills and adult learning practices;
- Professional image with excellent instructing skills;
- Comfortable in using a computer (for example, PowerPoint) for course delivery and other related administrative tasks;
- Ability to travel out of town on short notice; and
- Ability to work independently and on occasional weekend/evening.
- A fantastic team to work with – we work hard, but have fun in the process!
- An opportunity to work in a historic and impactful organization that saves people’s lives;
- Plenty of room to learn, grow, and take on additional responsibility;
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits; and
- Pension plan with employer matching program.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.