No refunds are available for SJA's Online Learning courses.
Course Delivery Language: English
This course provides workers with health and safety awareness training. Content includes information about the duties of employers and supervisors, their rights and duties as workers, common workplace hazards, and ways to protect themselves, and others, from harm.
Workers should complete this training before beginning work. This course is appropriate for workers in all industries. Those who perform the duties of a supervisor should complete Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness which is also available through this online campus.
Upon completion of this course, participants will know:
- Their health and safety duties and the duties of employers and supervisors
- The 3 legislated rights of the employee how to exercise those rights in the workplace
- The role of the health and safety committee or health and safety representative
- Common workplace hazards including those that may lead to occupational illness, and ways to protect themselves, and others, from injury or illness
- WHMIS information and training requirements for controlled (hazardous) products in the workplace
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
This course includes mandatory testing to verify that participants understand course content. Participants must pass the test to complete the course. Those who do not pass must review content and re-test until a passing grade is obtained. Questions are randomly selected from a test bank to ensure that each testing experience is unique.
The employer should retain a record that each worker has completed health and safety awareness training. Upon successful completion of this course participants can download and print a Certificate of Completion which includes their name and the date of training.