Administrative Assistant (New Westminster)
Who We Are
As Canada’s leading first aid and safety charity, St. John Ambulance is dedicated to enabling people’s health, safety, and quality of life through training and community service. Building on a 900-year tradition, St. John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR, and safety training and products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs. St John Ambulance British Columbia and Yukon strives to be the National leader on technology upgrades, providing community services, and create a dynamic working environment to attract talented employees.
Our British Columbia and Yukon Council is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our New Westminster Branch. You are an extraordinary multi-tasker who will provide administrative support to customers, staff, and volunteers. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality, in a timely and professional manner. This includes ensuring a quality image is conveyed by St. John Ambulance BC & Yukon, at all times, and consistently and effectively communicating the St. John Ambulance vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Customer Service;
- Student Registration;
- Course scheduling;
- Data Entry;
- Retail Sales;
- Orders and Shipments;
- Volunteer Support;
- Occasional stocking of First Aid equipment;
- Cleaning of Annie dolls; and
- Occasional moving of tables.
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma;
- College courses in secretarial skills / office administration preferred;
- 1-3 years of experience in office administration;
- Knowledge of financial accounting, practices and procedures;
- Proficient in computer programs, in particular, MS Office, internet, database and keyboard skills;
- Experience in CRM an asset;
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent customer service / interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in fast paced environment; and
- Experience in sales or retail an asset.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping procedures is also an asset.
- A fantastic team to work with – we work hard, but have fun in the process!
- An opportunity to work in a historic and impactful organization that saves people’s lives;
- Plenty of room to learn, grow, and take on additional responsibility;
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits; and
- Pension plan with employer matching program.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.